Sunday, June 1, 2014

Zero x 2

Wow! Two days off in a row!! My feet are actually looking like they have bones in them again!
Sally drove in and picked me up this morning and took me back to her home in Morgantown, WV, where she fixed a huge meal of some amazing food!! Pasta salad with some of those colorful things in it that we rarely have on the trail. I think they're called vegetables?
AND burgers AND cheesy potatoes AND chocolate/oatmeal cookies. Good home cookin'. Sally is a Kansan transplanted to West Virginia, so when she heard there was a Kansas boy on the WVU football team, she took him under her wing. So much extra food, so like every college kid, he came by to help deplete the supply. He may be bigger then me, but I'm pretty sure I ate just as much :)Photo below of Sally and Dreamius Smith. 
Got the grand tour of Morgantown, stopped and had ice cream at the local ice cream/gunstore....yes, we are in West Virginia after all. Tucked in to a cushy bed and then back to my tent tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Yay Sally. Pasta looks a little healthier than the mac'n'grease recipe from Zingerman's tonight (the "sauce" is bacon grease). Sounds crazy but actually delicious.

    ReplyDelete