Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Smith Gap Road to Kirkridge Shelter

Packed up early and left our little garage haven. Mid morning break with Tatiana, Murphy, Mambo and 50/50.
Today was 18 miles of consistently rocky trail. Small to mid size rocks spaced just enough that we can never really just get in to a rhythm and cruise. 
Deleware Water Gap in 6.5 miles. I am switching back to my trail runners there, and Murphy, who has hiked through Pennsylvania in trail runners, is switching to hiking shoes there. Bottom line.... Our feet are just going to hurt sometimes no matter what shoes we wear.
So.... Pennsylvania is now the state of rain, rocks and....rattlesnakes!
My first sighting. Everyone else has seen several! This guy gave me plenty of advance warning, so as far as rattlesnake sightings go, it was not too terrifying. He rattled, I stepped back a bit, he posed for a few photos and then slithered creepily across the trail.
Tomorrow we are all neroing in to Deleware Water Gap. 6.5 quick miles and then a day in a cute town. 
I am hoping there is a suggestion box at the end Pennsylvania because I have a few .... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment