Sunday, June 8, 2014

Darlington Shelter to Duncannon, PA

Shorter mileage planned for today. After three 20+ mile days, my feet are screaming for a break. We are heading into the Pennsylvania rocks so I had Mom send me my hiking shoes with stiffer soles and heavier lugs to Duncannon. The replacements are not as cute but my feet will be grateful.
Not the cute little town that Boiling Springs was. But, apparently, if you buy a home, you can get a free pizza.
I am staying at the Doyle. A sort of legend among hikers. We stay at some crazy, dirty places.... but I would say this has to be the worst. Or best depending on your perspective. Pretty sure they keep costs down by not having a housekeeping service. Ever. 

I am considering setting my tent up in the middle of the room so I don't have to touch anything, but then my tent would be contaminated. Kidding...... Or maybe not :).  The good news.... Big Spoon, Toast and Mando are here too and there's a concert on the porch. And a guy just brought out a bottle of whiskey. And it's raining and my stuff is inside a building not getting wet. The silver lining.



1 comment:

  1. You should be more laid back about travel accommodations like your brother.

    ReplyDelete