Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kirkridge Shelter to Delaware Water Gap

Below is a pic of our little tent city last night. 50/50, Tatiana, Murphy and I. Mambo decided to push the extra 6.5 into DWG yesterday. 
We got moving early for a nero in to DWG. Made it to town by 10 and the eating began. (And laundry, showers etc) 50/50 arrived a little after us which he later confessed was because he got a little lost on the trail again today. That was good for a laugh and we discussed changing his name to 70/30.
Pennsylvania provided us with a few miles of good trail and some scenic views to try to make us forget the pain of the last week or so .... But sorry PA, too little, too late.
We are staying at Church of the Mountain Hostel here. They provide a bunkroom and showers for those hiking through.
Ate pretty much non stop today, but this is the must do here.
Picked up my trail runners at the post office (thanks mom!) and kicked the others that have eaten my feet to the curb. Actually, I mailed them to Maine just in case I want them for the last rocky stretch.
(Disclaimer: no shoes were actually kicked in the making of this photo. They are so hard, that it would have been the ultimate irony if they had broken my toe when I kicked them)
All of my clothes were so filthy that I had to wash everything so it was a rain skirt and puffy jacket day. (Temp was about 90 degrees) Yes, I walked around town like this...
Went to dinner with a big group.
Dirty Harry, Bug Bear, Murphy, Pelzer, Lyons, Tatiana, 50/50 and Mambo. 
In 3/10 of a mile tomorrow morning we'll be in to New Jersey!! Only 75 miles there and we are going to try to push through to get to Greenlake NY by Sunday at 6 to watch USA in the World Cup.










2 comments:

  1. Proper attire for hot dogs and pie, which one did you eat first?

    ReplyDelete