Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dahlgren Campground to Raven Rock Shelter

Started early this morning and soon came to the original Washington Monument.
Much of the trail in Maryland is flat and awesome, although there were a few very rocky stretches. The shelters through this section are really nice too. They're maintained by the Potamac Appalachian Trail Club and several are new. I got to the shelter at about 5:30 and actually opted to sleep in it instead of pitching my tent. It was big and clean and I didn't see traces of mice. I love the privacy of my tent, but sometimes it's nice not to have to pack it up in the morning. There were only 5 of us in the shelter and NO snorers! Unheard of!!
Into Pennsylvania tomorrow. Known on the trail as 'Rocksylvania'. Oh boy... It's gonna be fun :)

1 comment: