Saturday, June 28, 2014

NY52 to NYC

Crazy day!! Started the day in the woods with a big beaver dam.
And the largest tree on the AT- the Dover Oak..
Hiked 15 miles to the Appalachian Trail train station (aka- bench in the middle of nowhere...
Jumped on the train...
And headed in to NYC. After being in the woods for a few months, when I got off the train and saw all the throngs of people, it felt like Grand Central Station. Waaaait a minute!! It WAS Grand Central Station!
(That I was for my kids because they LOVE my sense of humor :)
I was going to take a cab to Teddy's, but decided I wanted the whole extreme culture shock experience, so I walked to her apartment. Through Times Square, past the Empire State Building ....
So fun to see Teddy! Drank some wine, went out for Indian food(which I had had a serious craving for), and ended the day soaking in a bathtub. Ahhhh. 
Got a few photo texts from the gang at home. Nice to know they are thinking about me. This one was especially touching :)







No comments:

Post a Comment