Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mountain Top to Woods Hole Hostel

There are a few places along the trail that I really wanted to see, and Woods Hole Hostel was one of them. It's a really unique hostel in a log cabin from 1880. They grow a lot if their own food, offer great meals, free yoga( very basic and yes, I did it. For those of you that know me well, that is a shocker) 
This is the main house 
Above is the bunk house. I got in early and spent the day reading, and relaxing, doing laundry etc. The shower was just a small out building with a curtain for a door. All well and good ... Until the wind would blow! It did have hot water but not a lot of privacy. I slept in the bunkhouse with lots of snorers and a few mice, but the people were great and the meals were awesome.
Got a care package from mom full of all sorts of goodies.
I also had a new pair of shoes sent here because my others were shot. I feel a little guilty tossing them, after all, they served me well for 600 miles! The new version is almost blinding!
I've had requests for more people pics. Below is a pic of Tandem and her dad, Buzz. Tandem graduated in December from college, so they are hiking the trail together. I've been leapfrogging with them almost the whole trip. Really nice people.
The whole trail name thing makes this all seem a little like summer camp (in a good way), so here are a few more...
Naked Ninja, Left Turn, hoss, Skittles, Rain Pantz, Neo, steak and his friend, Shake, Wet Dog AND Wet Stray Dog. 
There's a little tension between the 'Dogs' about who has ownership of the name as you can imagine. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment