Thursday, May 29, 2014

Front Royal Hostel to Signal Knob Tentsite

2nd of 4 20-mile days to get in to Harpers Ferry by Friday. I'm planning on taking a zero to check out some of the history there. Tired feet today! Got rained on a little and some marble size hail briefly. I planned on stopping at Dicks Dome Shelter,  but got there before 5 and just didn't feel like stopping yet. It was a cloudy day anyway and it  as really deep in the woods so was really dark and the stream through there was incredibly loud... So I decided to hike a few miles further. THANK GOODNESS!
I hiked about another mile and a half and came to a sign for some tent sites and a little trail magic!! Much needed Gatorade and bananas at the end of a long day!
Hiked down the trail and found a great Tentsite. As I was setting up, I noticed a note in a plastic bag. Wow!!! Incredible luck!
I walked around to find cell service and texted and the next thing you know I had trail magic extraordinaire !!!  A piping hot pizza, 2 beers and some carrots delivered right to my tent!

Thanks so much to these amazing trail angels- Shelly and Joe!!!The kindness continues :)



2 comments:

  1. Tent delivery huh? I guess Jules and I should have stepped up our game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yea! You guys ate pizza while I was 20 minutes away in my tent :). Everyone that stayed down at the shelter was extremely jealous of my pizza delivery.

      Delete