Saturday, May 17, 2014

Lexington to Punchbowl Shelter

Ate a big breakfast, packed up and the sibs dropped me off back by the James River Bridge about noon to head back out. Such a good time and we packed a lot of fun and food into a few days. I had a pack full of food, which is good, because I have options and food to eat, but bad because my pack is about 6 pounds heavier. I always think that extra weight is going to be killer to haul, but honestly, once I am out on the trail and start moving, it's all good. 
And then you hike awhile, and you come to overlooks like
And
And woods like
And you remember... Ah, yes. This is why I'm out here. I don't want to take any of this for granted. Feeling very lucky :)





2 comments:

  1. Wow. it is really getting green now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Jurassic Park. Beware of T-Rex and Velociraptor out there.

    ReplyDelete