Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bryant Ridge to Glasgow

The days are getting longer and hotter, so I got an early start. Lots of climbs today according to AWOL's book(which is like the bible for all the hikers) The climbs were worse-on-paper, so I went quite a bit further than I had planned. The tiny town of Glasgow has a spot to pitch tents and shower. They did this to attract hikers to help stimulate the local economy. The sign in the shower reads...
What it actually should says, is,"Caution: water is heated...for the first 30 seconds to give you a false sense of security and then will become ice cold." :)
They also added this 'statue' to bring in the tourists. Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking they could use a some help in the marketing department.

After three days of hiking in the heat, I was feeling pretty grimy. Got in to town, met up with some others at Scottos Pizza, took a COLD shower and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment