Friday, May 16, 2014

Lexington

Relaxing zero day with Julie and Tom. Ate nonstop from dusk until dawn. This is just the stash in the room for between meals...
It was a really rainy day, so a great day to be off the trail! Drove out and had lunch with Al and Mike so Julie and Tom could meet them. Picked them up from under a bridge in the pouring rain :). Julie left some more trail magic at the road crossing.
Back to Lexington for laundry, resupply, nap and more eating and drinking. We walked around the Washington and Lee campus, which was beautiful and visited the cemetery where Stonewall Jackson is buried.
Ended the day with a few Manhattans.
Note to self: stick with beer!!!! 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I see Tom's influence in the beverage department. Sounds like a fun day though. I cant wait to come visit you on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great time in Lexington. I've had the St. Regis pitch a tent in my room so I feel like I'm out there with you. Safe travels and I hope you see your bear......from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Joanne - please be more accurate in your reporting. You forgot to mention his arm is buried 100 miles away. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving ALL this JoMama! Every single step you share!

    ReplyDelete