Saturday, May 3, 2014

Laurel Creek to another random spot :)

It's interesting how each day starts out. There is no real schedule but everyone has an idea of how far they would like to go each day. It's getting light much earlier (before 6) but even though I may be awake...I like just staying in my warm sleeping bag for awhile. We usually have a cluster of tents, and all will be quiet, and then suddenly you start hearing zippers. Sleeping bags, tent flies, and that's how you know that people are awake and starting to pack up for the day. The packing process is quite a an ordeal. Some people are super organized (not me) and some have stuff scattered from one end of camp to the other. Every morning I look at all the gear scattered around my tent and wonder how in the heck it wil fit into my pack. But miraculously, it always does and everything has a pretty specific spot.
Today we got up, hiked a quick 7 miles,hitched into the tiny town of Bland, charged our phones, ate a bunch of food, hitched back to the trail and hiked another 9ish miles. Good miles, good food, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment