Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Glasgow to Civilization

Julie and Tom picked me up in Glasgow this morning. I did a little laundry and was relatively clean for the reunion.
We driove out to the trail and set up some great trail magic. Tom made a fun banner to embarrass me with :). Just kidding. It was pretty cool.
We hiked in a few miles on the trail so they could see what a shelter looks like and they got to meet several of the gang that I have been hiking around. Uncle Tom, Rob, Gray Ghost, Tittycakes, Boot Burner, Thirsty and Munchy.
This is the longest footbridge on the AT.
We are staying in Lexington, VA and they are spoiling me! All the Fritos I could possibly eat!
Fun day with the sibs. Lots of great food (Creme brûlée for dessert!!! My fav) and a few beers to top it off. Tonight.... real sheets and  FOUR, count 'em, FOUR pillows. Fancy schmancy :) Goodnight all!

2 comments:

  1. It probably would have been more thoughtful had I not then proceeded to eat half "your" snacks.

    ReplyDelete