Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lamberts Mountain to Wilson Creek Shelter

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! Especially mine. Had a good day. Got to talk to my mom and all my kids! Good hiking today with a really nice trail. Not too rocky! Got up early and hiked in to Daleville, where we ate at the Three Little Pigs BBQ. Half Slab of ribs and it was great plus about a gallon of diet coke. We left our packs sitting out in front of the restaurant because they are big and smelly. When we walked out, this is what we saw.
Our packs with a grocery sack sitting beside them. Opened it up and it was a bunch of groceries. Fruit, cookies and candy, and this note....
It was very touching. We didn't see who left it, but wow.... the good vibe around the trail continues. Random acts of kindness. That is something I want to take home with me after this. Doesn't have to be anything big, but doing a little good for others when they don't expect it. So cool.
Got back on the trail for another few hours (powered by some tasty BBQ)
I need to make good miles over the next few days because my siblings are coming on Wednesday! Yeeha!


No comments:

Post a Comment