Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Random Campground to Chestnut knob shelter

I did not climb out of my sleeping bag until 7:45 and it was awesome!! Again, big rain predicted and we got nothing. Yahoo. Today was a tough day of climbing!! I thought Virginia was supposed to be rolling green hills. Which it is some of the time.
Below are a few random trail photos. 'The green tunnel' is what they call the trail come summer and it is getting that way in some parts. Today we hiked through parts of the trail that are on privately owned land, with easements to accommodate for the trail. Which is why there are cows right there!
It was a long trudge up, but the payoff is that I pitched my tent on the top of a mountain facing out to this great valley view. 

Ate dinner and then these amazing clouds rolled in.



1 comment: