Sunday, April 27, 2014

Damascus to Lost Mountain Shelter

Time to get rolling. Ate breakfast, got organized, and ate yet ANOTHER hot fudge sundae at the Dairy King before I left town. Rain was predicted and it did not disappoint. Right as we were walking out of town, the downpour began. I sort of felt like Mother Nature was saying, "Are you sure about this?" But we kept going. It rained off and on all day long, but as I've said before, I still can't think of anyplace else I'd rather be. Basically, once you are out there in the rain, you can either keep moving and get wet or keep moving and get wet. I chose to keep moving and get wet. I had a pretty good grasp on where my fellow hikers were in regards to me, so I stuck in my ear buds, turned on my music, kept a good distance from everyone to save their ears, and sang all the way. 
When I got to the shelter, I slapped up my tent, ate something quickly and went to bed. Tomorrow.... Ponies!!!!! More on that later.

1 comment: