Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Trimpi Shelter to Marion, VA

My earliest start time to date. 6:45. I knew in 11 miles from the Shelter there was a place to catch the shuttle into Marion for food, laundry etc. at 11:00. Didn't know if I could make it on time but figured it was worth a shot. Hiked as fast as I could and can I just say... It's not nearly as much fun with a deadline. Usually, I have a distance in mind for the day, but no particular time frame, so I can hike
as fast or slow as I want. Anyway, made it there in plenty of time. Started storming as we were waiting for the shuttle and we are in for a few wet days. A few of the gals decided to split rooms at a cheap motel for the night, so we got caught up on showers, food, laundry and margaritas :)
And... Made my first visit to Sonic in 6 weeks!
It was tasty. The Travel Inn here in Marion is a 5⭐️ Motel as you can see by the sign on the 'loundry' room door. (That's the fancy spelling)
Rained all night so it was nice to be dry because that will all change tomorrow.
Below is a photo of how green the trail is becoming and also of one of the stiles that we pass over when we are hiking through land where cattle graze.


No comments:

Post a Comment