Sunday, April 20, 2014

Overmountain Shelter to Mountaineer Shelter

A little rainy today, but not uncomfortably so. Hiked over some amazing balds today that seemed to go on and on. They were beautiful, but I have to admit, it was a little chilly! 
Finally left North Carolina once and for all!! 
Mid day we met up with Mike's family and several of them joined us for the days hike and brought treats!!! Also got to meet, Kevin, Mike's adorable two year old grandson that I had heard a lot about. Just as adorable as advertised.
Passed the 400 mile mark today!!! Time is flying by! Some creative hiker marked the spot!
Spent my second night of this entire journey IN a shelter. There weren't any flat spots for my tent but I did get the entire third floor loft to myself. (Not nearly as glamorous as it sounds :) but I am happy to report, that I didn't have any run-ins with mice. 
Sign on the ladder up to my loft. I probably am better off not knowing...



No comments:

Post a Comment