Monday, April 28, 2014

Wise Shelter to Trimpi Shelter

So... Woke up this morning to the sound of something chomping grass right outside my tent. Yep! Another pony within petting distance of me in my tent. Is this heaven?
Last pony pic, I swear. (Unless I run into more ponies :)
Hiked a long day (20 miles) of relatively easy terrain although it was a little rocky. The weather was ideal and there are several days of rain forecast so I wanted to take advantage of the good weather. Pic below is of this rocky cave area we had to climb through. Pretty cool but not so easy with a big pack on your back!
Got to Trimpi shelter about 5:30. Good water source and beautiful setting. A nice group there tonight. Da Vinci, Rob, Mike, Ranger, And Solo. Tomorrow a shorter day with a stop in Marion, VA for laundry, good food and a shower. (4 days without if anyone is counting) Marion has a SONIC!!!!! Wahoooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment