Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mountaineer Shelter to Hampton, TN

Happy Easter! Great hiking weather today so I did some serious dilly dallying. There was a random bench up on the trail overlooking a valley, so I sat there for breakfast.
Then hiked some more and around lunchtime, I came to an overlook from this outcropping of rocks, so I sat there for lunch. Photo is of 19 looking out over the valley from the rocks before I got there for lunch.
Pretty easy terrain today. Next, I got to Laurel Falls. This photo doesn't do it justice but it was awesome. Sat and soaked my feet in the very chilly water with a few new hikers that I'd just met last night at the Shelter. Mac, Ace and Frankie.
Finished the day hiking into Hampton and of course, it wouldn't be Easter without a quarter pounder, large fries and a chocolate milk shake. Staying at the Hiker Haven here tonight because again...it's shower time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment