Sunday, April 13, 2014

Log Cabin Drive to Flint Mountain Shelter

Hmmmm. It was a relatively uneventful day! Great weather. We camped by the Shelter. Still have only slept in one shelter and no plans to do so unless I have too. Love my tent. It feels a little redundant to keep posting these scenic photos, but it's what we spend the days looking at! I feel really lucky. 
Recent trail names of people that I've met: Caveman, Prom Queen and Trail Wife( two kids who took a year off between high school and college to do this), JRex, Cloud Walker, And Owl Bear.
Mike has 'sort of' accepted his trail name of Honey Bear. He has one of those bears full of honey and he's trying to get rid of it so puts it on literally everything he eats, but it seems to be bottomless. Ever had a salami, cheese and honey sandwich.  Al, on the other hand is a little harder sell on the trail names. A few I've suggested: Lovey(reference Gilligans Island and yes, there is a story there) or Cheeto. Time will tell.
One other great thing!! When I stopped to peel off a layer, turned on my phone for a minute and I got to chat with a few of my running buddies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment