Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sore but stronger...

I'm Hopefully!! When I stepped out of my tent this morning (and by stepped I mean hoisted my achy body out while groaning)  the thought of tossing my pack on and hiking seemed comical leaning towards impossible.  But then, I meandered around a little, everything loosened up and once again, it all worked out. We got in some good miles and I'm feeling stronger on the climbs. We've been leapfrogging off and on without about 7 or 8 other hikers, but other than that, it's not very populated. I know they are limiting the number of hikers starting each day to 50, because they're worried about the environmental impact of too many people especially after the onslaught from the movie "Wild".    
Water is a real issue out here. We have a book And also an app on our phones that gives all sorts of good info.Elevation, tent spots that may be coming up and available water. This is a screen shot of one point today.
There are some water caches, where people will stash water for hikers to fill
up on, but we've been told not to depend on them because a lot of times you get there, and they're empty. For example 
So, we are carrying a bunch of water. Got to Mount Laguna today and stopped off at a little restaurant
and had some real food and a ...Diet Coke....ahhhh. Then we hiked a few more miles. Some pretty great scenery today. 
Oh yea, and I haven't talked about showers...because they're hasn't been a real one yet :). A little more remote out here than the AT! Hopefully in the next few days!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment