Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pierce pond cabins to Caratunk, ME

OUp bright and early for the 12- pancake breakfast. Yep, 12 large pancakes. Red, white and blue with raspberries, blueberries and apples.
Sadly, I was not able to clean my plate but I did make a pretty good dent in them. This is Tim the owner, musician and chef extraordinaire.
After all the rain last night the trail was .... Interesting. Where there is usually nothing, there were streams. Where there were usually streams, there were rivers. Where there was a river, it was raging!! Four big mile days in a row so today we did short miles in to Caratunk. This is the only place on the trail where it is actually a sanctioned ferry crossing. Note the white blaze on the bottom of the canoe.
Tonight we are staying at the charming Sterling Inn B & B. Nice place to relax AND they have a big claw foot tub. So I took a bath. Twice :)
Sat around with some of the others and reminisced about our adventures and the fun we still have ahead. So many good people here. Pictured are Shakes, Twist, Stark, Kickapoo, me and Murphy.
Several big mile days ahead so it was nice to get out of the rain for the afternoon. 
One more town... Monson, hopefully by Saturday, and then in to the wilderness!





1 comment:

  1. Those pancakes look so good. I love your stories about the singing, all the camaraderie and that you took TWO baths! Please slow down. I'm dreading the end of your hike and I'm just reading your blog. Silly me! Enjoy each moment.

    ReplyDelete