Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kent to Caesar Brook campsite

Most importantly- Today my heart is with my cousin Susie and her family. Randy, Elliot and Olivia and of course, Carly.  Today would have been Carly's 19th birthday. She lived her life with such courage, gumption and strength and she  is an inspiration to me every day. She had such a positive impact on so many people... something we should all aspire to. Love to you all.


The other stuff.... ate a big, delicious breakfast in Kent and then Ginna headed to the train and we started hiking north again. 
Somewhere/someone said Connecticut was easy. Someone must not have hiked here. There were some pretty steep ups today and a really steep, rocky descent down St. John's ledges. I tossed my poles down ahead of me a few times so I had full use of both hands.
Murphy and I got in to Cornwall Bridge just before game time. 50/50 got there shortly after, but he was in pain. He's had an infection on his toe and is on antibiotics, but it's really hurting and he might have to slow down or take some time off. Bummer!!! Mambo stayed behind in Kent, waiting for some packages to arrive.
Yes, we watched the game at a quick shop basically. 
They had a big TV, with tables, good sandwiches and ice cream!

Disappointing loss, but the young guys showed some real promise and Tim Howard was AMAZING. Most saves in a World Cup Game ever. Not too shabby.
Murphy and I hiked out at about 7:00 for a few more miles. We quickly questioned our decision to eat a pint of I've cream right before we left, as we started up the climb from Cornwall Bridge, but oh well. 
Lesson learned. Or not.


1 comment:

  1. Must have been cold air conditioning combined with the pint of ice-cream that caused you to break out the puffy!

    ReplyDelete