Thursday, July 31, 2014

Webster Cliffs to Mount Washington

Can I just say, that I love ibuprofen. I have never been a fan if taking unnecessary meds, but after the last few days... my knees were 'uncomfortable'. Took some Motrin last night and again this morning and today I felt 1000 times better!! I am a convert. I will be completing the Whites over the next week assisted by Vitamin i.
Here are some random hiking photos from the last few days...
We hiked by the Mizpah Hut at about 9 this morning and they were offering leftover eggs, hash browns and oatmeal to thru hikers. What a welcome surprise!
Hiked on up towards Mount Washington and about 5 miles later, came to Lake of the Clouds Hut. This is probably the most  photographed of the huts. The mountain covered by clouds in the background is Mount Washington. 
It was overcast and there were thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon so we were booking it up to the top. The weather up there did not disappoint.
Can you find me in these pics? :)
As we got to the top, the clouds really moved in and it was incredibly cold and windy.
Right as we walked inside the restaurant, the rain started up. SO happy to be inside! Temps dropped, and it started pouring and later hailing. I may be a little stubborn about weather, but I'm not completely stupid. (no comments please)
We decided to take the shuttle down from the top to Pinkham Notch. We will take it back up in the morning to continue the hike down from Mount Washington. 








No comments:

Post a Comment