Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Cookies to Dalton, Mass

It rained quite a bit overnight, so we packed up our wet gear and got on the trail early because we were heading in to town!!!! Everything I had was wet, either from swimming, sweating or rain. 
Laundry day was overdue!! As I mentioned, Massachussetts is a boggy place and after even more rain... it was even muckier.  
The rocks and roots are so slippery when wet, and we just heard that Big Spoon (the fiddle player) broke his arm climbing up Mt. Greylock in the rain, but it sounds like he plans to continue on. 
We got in to Dalton around 11 and the cleansing began. I was whisked away for a great lunch at Baba Louie's Pizza by Chris Wilkerson and her daughter, Lizzie who live nearby.  Thanks to my friend Nancy for putting us in touch!! I spent the rest of the day getting caught up on real life things.
Ended the day at the movie with Murphy, Mambo, 50/50 and Hoss. "Transformers" if you can believe it. Honestly, I wasn't too worried about which movie, I was more concerned with getting my quota of buttered popcorn!
It had been waaaay too long!!
Storms forecast here overnight, so it's nice to be out of the rain. 
I am hiking out tomorrow and hopefully Murphy will be too, but she has a bad ankle from past issues, so final decision in the morning. The guys are taking a zero tomorrow, but I'm sure they will catch up soon. I've mentioned before how quickly you become close to people out here. The last few weeks, we've had so much fun, and it's hard to know if we will all be together until the end, but I feel really lucky to have hiked with all the good people that I've hiked with throughout this whole adventure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment