Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dalton, Mass to ....

Got up this morning and packed up and went to have breakfast with the crew before hiking out. Murphy's ankle is really giving her trouble, so she wasn't going to be able to go today. I was so sad to be leaving my peeps, so .... I didn't. We are getting to some of the most challenging, beautiful and fun parts of the trail, so I would love to do it with these guys. Rationalization- (and believe me, I struggled with this!!) I realized I hadn't had a zero since Port Clinton, nearly three weeks ago. AND, I did the math, and I can still easily finish in the 5 month time frame that I had hoped for. 
So..... today I am watching the Tour de France and World Cup Soccer and eating the best peanut butter bar we've found. 
Getting caught up with friends, taking care of business and maybe a nap?
Finally met Taz. A hiker I have heard about forever. He is from Tasmania. Also ran in to Tandem, Buzz and Mio, who I have not seen since Woods Hole Hostel a month or so ago?? Our bubble just got bigger! 
Occasionally, I get trail updates from Looper who is a few days ahead, about cool things we have coming up. Food stops, lakes, swimming opportunities.... We call it the Looper report. Today's report mentioned ice cream ahead in Chesire and also said that Vermont is a  (blank)ing mud hole. Thus the nickname Vermud. Gotta get our heads in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment