Friday, March 21, 2014

Woody gap to Neel gap

Showered and happy! And just heard that Duke lost. It's a good day! Camped last night with dragon lady, J5 and Captain Jake. ( still getting used to this trail name gig)  hiked over Blood Mointain  today. Staying in the blood mountain cabins and got clean me and laundry and am sipping on a diet coke. Awwww. I think we are going to take the shuttle into town for some real food and beer tonight. Got SO lucky because our cabin has satellite tv and it's almost game time. Did I mention that it's a huge 5" screen? 
Pics are of our bear bags hanging with our food. After I climbed into my bag for the night, I remembered I had a half snickers in my pack. I was pretty sure I'd be eaten by a bear during the night but was too tired to do anything about it. Somehow I miraculously survived :)
The other pic is of the Blood Mountain Shelter. Pretty cool! It's the oldest shelter along the AT. Game time! Gotta go. Rock Chalk!!

4 comments:

  1. Charlene's jotting down that you trashed Duke. It will be on her list of discussion topics on your next Yountville visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS the tent looks great. Mike and I are thinking we should camp more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time Joeyanne! Glad you got some Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying the blog and pics.. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete