Monday, March 24, 2014

Tray Mountain shelter to Dicks Creek Gap

Last night was a chilly, breezy night on the mountain.but my tent and sleeping bag are amazing. Several folks did not sleep well because of the cold, but I kicked my socks off in the middle of the night. The only problem was that after a few days of hiking with no shower.... For some reason it was a little stinky in my bag :)  Tonight we are staying at a brand new Top of Georgia Hostel. Weather is supposed to get really crummy tomorrow and everyone is debating whether to take a day off. I'm going to make the call in the morning. Fine line between being stupid and being a weenie. I have to say, that the people I've met, both the hikers and all those that offer support along the way have been amazing. Good mojo out here. So much positive energy! Got my first trail magic today. A guy coming up,the trail handing out snickers bars. We keep leapfrogging with a lot of the same people. For example, tonight at the hostel, the banjo and fiddle guys are here too. Haven't seen them since the first night. They just lit a fire in the fireplace and the music is starting . Not a bad end to a good day! Picture below is sunset this morning and the fiddlin'/banjo guys .



4 comments:

  1. JoJo...are those your stinky feet on the table?! ;) Great sunrise photo, enjoy the Appalachian groove! ~polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne: Like Thoreau you are keeping a good permanent journal, now called a blog. He didn't have a camera. As to going without a shower, ask your father sometime how many WEEKS he went without a shower while in Marine boot camp in the 1950s. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired by your journey. If your pace is slow, don't worry. The trail is patient. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Milk Duds in this picture.

    ReplyDelete