Friday, March 28, 2014

Rest day

Relaxing day today. Slept, ate, and loaded up on more groceries for the next few days. Sleeping in a bed was awesome. The ultra lite air mattresses that everyone uses are great and they get you up off the ground so it's warmer and softer, BUT every time you move, it sounds like the crinkling of a potato chip bag. So when you are camping amongst a bunch of tents, it's like sleeping around a bunch of people eating potato chips. Fun fact :) the quiet in my room last night was fabulous and I had the heat cranked up even though I really didn't need it.
Below is a pic of the first 'white blaze' I saw on Springer mountain. The AT is marked with white blazes so that's how you know you're on the right trail. 
Bedtime. Tomorrow it's time to get 'the monkey' back on my back and hit the trail. 109 miles down! 



No comments:

Post a Comment