Saturday, March 22, 2014

Neels Gap to low gap

Things are great. Still hiking with dragon lady, j5 and Captain Jake. Went into Blairsville last night for dinner and ate a lot of food and a few beers and one of the most delicious diet cokes I've ever had! The weather has been great but I think some cold and rain are forecast for tomorrow. There are a lot of North Carolinians out here so trying not to be TOO overjoyed at Dukes loss.(my apologies also to Charlene :)
The mountains here are beautiful. I have to stop every now and then to take it all in. (Because if I tried to take it in while walking, I would undoubtedly trip on a rock and face plant.  Lots of mountain climbing but it's not as difficult as the Rockies because the highest elevations are in the 5000 foot range. There's oxygen!! Big difference.
I'm thinking about naming my pack ' the monkey' because at the end of the day, I'm ready to get ' the monkey' off my back!! (That was for my kids . They LIVE my corny humor)
Photos below are of dinner last night with the gang and the tree where old hiking shoes are hung at Neels Gap
when they're over the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment