Monday, March 31, 2014

NOC to Locust Cove Gap

Four mile climb into Nantahala yesterday was a toe buster!! When I take my shoes off at night and my feet are kind of puffy and swollen, I wonder how im going to fit those big blobs in to shoes the next day. Then, miraculously, in the morning, my feet are semi-normal again and actually look like they have bones in them again.
Beautiful weather today, but for every down there is an up. It was about a six mile climb up out of there today. Killer! But after the last climb, came to Cheoah Bald and it was all worth it. Big, open bald overlooking the valley and the sun was shining and it was warm! Great place for some lunch. Tonight it was actually warm enough to sit outside and chat after dinner. Some new faces tonight and some old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment