Sunday, May 15, 2016

The week in review

So, home for a week for Kelly's graduation. Awesome, strange, surreal and fun. I slept in a bed with FOUR, (count 'em) FOUR pillows all to myself. I ate hot, amazing, abundant food, wore cotton clothing, (cotton kills is the saying on the trail :) , spent time with family, friends, neighbors and ate my weight in birthday cake Oreos. It's been a good week and I am so proud of my super cool kids, and of Kelly graduating from the University of Kansas with her DPT. Had to get the obligatory pic with Big Jay....
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Now... Must.  Stop. Eating. 
So, the first morning I was home (and by home I mean my sisters house because all my worldly belongings are in a pod an hour or so from here) I woke up to a thunderstorm. Which is sooo perfect. If you are from Kansas, you know that that is the best sleeping weather ever. Now, my week here is almost up. I'm ready to go back and tackle this last section of desert and head into the Sierras. 
Got a new pair of shoes while home and switched out some gear for the upcoming snowy section. 
Staying in KC tonight with Kelly. Eating ice cream. Early flight tomorrow for the trip back to Tehachapi. 



6 comments:

  1. Congrats to Kelly! Please send me her address via fb message so I can send her some graduation money. All grads need cash! Glad you had a fun time in LFK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is moving in about two weeks. Maybe better to send to Randy's address? It was a fun weekend!! Exhausting too! Missed seeing you all but hopefully this fall on a football weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving to Denver??? I will send it to Randy's house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .....and we're waiting......
    Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. The fun begins in earnest again this morning 😄

      Delete
  5. Hey JoHawk
    Fun seeing you in KS
    short but I'll take what I can get !
    I too need an address for Kelly... Carryon my hiking friend... Love the new shoes although a bit too clean( not for long I'm sure)

    ReplyDelete