Monday, May 30, 2016

Onward and upward

On the front porch of the General Store.

We had some really beautiful trail today. Purple wild flowers lining the trail, big cedar trees. It was fantastic. 
Even the burned section we walked through had its own kind of beauty.
I feel sort of rejuvenated. The last few hundred miles of desert I felt like I was just walking to get to something else. Now I feel like I'm there. 
We came down in to this wide open meadow with some snow capped mountains behind.
At the end of the day, we came to the South Fork of the Kern River and it was too pretty to pass up. 
Tents pitched in the sand down by the river in this incredible valley.
A few others camped here as well. Punkin' Pie and the Germans, Nedi and Colia. Tomorrow our first trip up to 10,000 feet!






No comments:

Post a Comment