Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Casa de Luna

We Camped at a random spot with no other hikers last night . It was sooo quiet. No snorers :). Woke up with the WARM sun on my tent. Heavenly. LOW on water and 10 miles in the sun before we came to a spot to get more water. Not a good feeling. When I looked down and saw this
Fire station, I took my last gulp, knowing I had a mile to go. The firehouse allows you fill up from their hose outside. I got there and GUZZLED. We were stopping today at one of those legendary hostels called Casa de Luna. It's a self proclaimed 'hippy dippy' place. 
Lots of couches in the front yard. Stopped at the market on the way there and bought every kind of liquid that sounded good. Gatorade, water, soda. Ah!  Every night they serve taco salad. Every night!! It tasted great. They allow everyone to camp on their property behind the house in the Manzanita forest. It's sort of magical! And there are all these painted rocks everywhere. One of those surreal , alternate universe places. I'm just going to post a bunch of pics of this place because I think it is almost indescribable:)
There were planes flying low over us all day from a nearby Air Force base. Apparently they were practicing for fire season for water drops. Let's hope it's not necessary.








No comments:

Post a Comment