Sunday, September 10, 2017

Colorado Trail ...continued

July 19, 2017
So, I  didn't have a big window of time to hike this summer, but I wanted to try to work in another week on the Colorado Trail.  I headed down to Montrose and spent the night with my friend , Karen, and the next morning, she and her husband, Bob, took me back to the trail.  Highway 114. Same spot that they plucked me off last year. But bonus! They hiked with me for a few miles!
We got on the trail around 10:30, but it was a some pretty flat segments, so I still managed to get in about 18 miles.  It is monsoon season here, so I was happy to get the miles in with no rain. Saw plenty of dark clouds in the surrounding valleys, but somehow dodged that. At about mile 15, I came to some trail magic! Sodas and funyons (one of those things I only eat when I hike. Love 'em. I wonder if it stand for fake onions?) Anyway, hiked on and it started sprinkling so I decided it was time to toss up my tent.  Ate some dinner, hung my food and crashed out.
A few pics from today.  If feels good to be back out here!






No comments:

Post a Comment