Sunday, September 10, 2017

July 20

I got a good nights sleep, got up early and started walking.  I am hiking in the San Juans now and I haven't spent much time here prior to this. THey are incredibly beautiful.



There arent a ton of people out here, but those that I've met, are of course, super-cool. Seems to be a common thread among backpackers.  I met a gal from Banff who is hiking the CDT.  Trail name 'Tour Guide'.  She also hiked the Great Divide Trail in the Canadian Rockies, solo.  That is grizzly country.  She said it was nice to be hiking down in Colorado where she was not considered 'food'. I have to agree. We hiked together for a few miles and then when we started climbing,,,, I cut her loose.  After a few thousand miles this summer, she is in slightly better trail shape than I am . HA!
Found a great spot for the night, over looking an incredible valley.  And again...dodged the rain. LUCKY!



No comments:

Post a Comment