Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Out of Salida

Big breakfast this morning at the Patio Pancake Place in Salida. I love breakfast food! Tif dropped me off at the trailhead and is on her way back to Kansas. She did awesome and it was fun!
The first ten miles were a slow, gradual climb up to 12,000 feet. Got pretty steep at the end, but totally worth the view!
Lots of mountain bikers on the trail today and there were about ten people up there when I got to the top. I can't imagine riding up or down this trail on a bike. Amazing!
At the top is where the CDT/Collegiate West/Collegiate East, all converge again. 
After this climb, it was all fairly nice. No major ups or downs. Just a combo. 
Lots of downed trees in this segment, but also lots of yellow flowers. 
With the relatively easy terrain, I made good miles despite the late start (and huge breakfast!) Sometimes at the end of the day, you search and search for a flat spot and you finally just have to settle for rocky, slippery spot. (See notes from two days ago 😝)   And sometimes you just get lucky. I got lucky today ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment