Sunday, June 26, 2016

Yahoo!

So, update :). Came 'home' for a few days (and by home I mean the wonderful apartment above some of my good friends garage) then I hit the road for Colorado. Kelly had not started her job yet, so she came along. 
Obligatory photo op by the Colorful Colorado sign

First big happening, was stopping in Hays, KS at Taco Grande for Kelly's first ever....SANCHO (aka food of the gods)
Best. Cheap. Mexican. Food. Ever.
We spent our first night in Denver and went to dinner at Avanti. A groovy Denver spot and my nieces, and brother-in-law joined us
Aaaand....it just so happened that another of my AT hiking friends was in town and he joined us too.  These are the relationships I was missing on the PCT! Such incredible people. This is Mobius. The girls were excited to get to meet another of the 'crazies'. 
After some bonding time with Walter, the grand dog,
Kelly and I traveled on to Fort Collins in search of a home for me. I chose Fort Collins because it has sort of a 'Lawrence- like' vibe. It's a college town, seems open- minded and progressive AND bonus, it has 21 Breweries! (We only managed to squeeze in 5 while we were there. We gave it our best effort) I checked out a few rentals, knowing that it was a tough market. I know two people in Fort Collins. Two really cool people. And they introduced me to some friends, and...long story short (I don't want to jinx it) I found an amazing spot to land. Better than I could have imagined. This was a huge piece of the puzzle.
And while we were there, squeezed in a little hike to horsetooth Rock 
Had dinner with MORE AT friends (the two cool people that I mentioned earlier) 
Kickapoo and Pogano and got to see the tiny house that they built themselves. So impressive. Before entering their home, we had to try our hand at ax throwing....
Back to Denver after a successful few nights in Fort Collins and got to have dinner with all the kids (except Kelly's boyfriend Brad sadly) Every parent of adult kids knows how great it is when you get to spend time with all your kids together. 
We toasted to new homes, new business ventures and good family. Feeling very lucky.
So...the adventure continues and I am starting to feel like the pieces are coming together.  Whew!









1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time with your kids and AT friends. I'm excited for your move to Ft. Collins. Enjoy your CO hiking!

    ReplyDelete