Sunday, June 5, 2016

To Chicken Spring Lake

Showered one more time this morning just because I could. We shuttled back up to Trail Pass for the two mile hike back up to the PCT. The weather forecast for this week looks like lots of clear blue sky. I hope they're right! 
The sky today was stunning. We walked through lots of melting snow, so shoes and socks got pretty wet, but it was still nice and warm.
A little post-holing, but not too bad. We are camping by Chicken Spring Lake. Our first alpine lake and wow!! The lake is awesome but the sheer rock wall behind it is jaw-dropping. 
I have my stove with me now, so I fixed some Spanish rice for dinner. Fancy shmancy! Really nice to sit outside for dinner.

It's weird. We are 11,200 feet, surrounded by snow...and it's warm. WAY warmer than the desert nights and there is no wind. It's very peaceful. There are a few other hikers here. It's just really beautiful, and calm. Feeling very lucky to be right here. 







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now hold on a second. I'm lucky to be Right Here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I actually thought about you as I wrote that!!

      Delete